Diggers World is the official home of the archaeologist formerly known as Digger, Mike, Lukie, Port, Rasbutin, River, Popeye, Glenn, five times a night, Dad, Guru, Swimpy, Mum, Marje, Sandy, Durdle etc…
Whats it all about then?
Diggers World is a collection of images of Digger (thats Mike to some of you) and friends as they undertake the tortures of life in the 21st Century.
What’s new (ish)?
- Swim the Door dates announced http://www.diggersworld.net/swim-the-door/swim-the-door-2017/
- Croatia photos added to HOLIDAYS http://www.diggersworld.net/holidays/croatia-october-2016/
- Swim the Dor (dogne) photos added to HOLIDAYS http://www.diggersworld.net/holidays/france-august-2016-swim-la-dor-dogne/
- New Swims details added http://www.diggersworld.net/wild-swimming/new-wild-swims/
The main topics are:
Durdle Door is a sea arch near Lulworth, Dorset. Its one of those iconic landscape features and, even better, you can swim through it. Some people do this once a year. Some people do it more often!!
Want to know more about “Wild Swimming” (that’s rivers AND lakes, not naked swimming)? Now’s your chance with pages dedicated to “The Bare Necessities“, “New Swim Spots” , “Swimming with history” and, of course, the “Ultimate Wild Swimming Gazetteer” (divided into England, Wales, Scotland and the rest of the world).
A misc collection of things that are well, important to me and maybe even some others?
Chile (2015), Argentina (2015), Hadrians Wall (2014), Spain (2013), Scillies and Canaries (2012), Lebanon & Syria (well timed visit in 2009), annual Scottish holidays ( 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012 & 2011) and the all important A-Z of countries visited by a coward of air transport
2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010 & 2009
Note 1: We wish to stress that there is no sponsorship of this page, however, if anybody wants to send Streaky Strips, Twiglets, Wombles (especially the one that is battery powered and nods his head while singing the “Remember You’re A Womble”), or any Glenn Miller merchandise, thats up to them.
Note 2: You will not see any flash graphics, or nudity (thank God), or even too much wit on this web site. If you have come to this site expecting these things PLEASE LEAVE NOW – it’s merely a collection of photos.
Recent Blog Posts
Here is a list of my most recent blog posts.
- Swim the Door - Feb 11th, 2017
The dates for this years Swim the Door (Dorset and Abroad) have been announced.
- Weekend breaks 2017 - Jan 22nd, 2017
I’ve added a page for weekend breaks 2017
- Croatian river & lake swims added - Dec 3rd, 2016
Finally, I have got round to add a couple of Croatian river and lake swim spots.
- Back from Swim the Dor (dogne) - Sep 11th, 2016
Back from this years Swim the Door and will be uploading photos over the next week.
- More weekend breaks photos uploaded - Aug 14th, 2016
I’ve uploaded a few more photos from “weekend breaks” in the Peaks, Staffordshire and Wickham Festival