River Cam (Grantchester Meadows, near Cambridge)
2021 UPDATE: there is an attempt to ban river swimming, picnics and anyone having fun at Grantchester Meadows. Sign the petition.
- The meadows are to the east of Grantchester and there is a footpath that meets the river as various points.
- Easy access.
- You can swim into Cambridge
- Boats. Boats. Boats. And in places its difficult to get out so allow plenty of time to find an exit.
Date of Last Swim
- July 2021
River Nene (at Wansford)
- By the bridge for the “old north road” in the middle of Wansford. Easy parking and follow the path down to the river by the bridge.
- Easy access under the bridge, but also access after a small climb from the bank to the east.
- 25th July 2019
River Nene (nr Water Newton, Peterborough)
- Plenty of spots to get in the river along the footpath to the east of the village of Water Newton. Access is better from the east bank
- Good lengths of deep water
- Swans and boats
- 23rd July 2019