(I’m a bit confused why I have so few entries for this county. I know I normally get drawn to Durdle Door but I’m sure I have more swim spots to add)
River Frome (Cutt Mill, Hinton St Mary)
- Approx 1km north-west of the village. Take Marriage Lane (the minor road off the B3092 and park where you can before the turn to the left (parking after this is more tricky). Follow the tarmac track which ends at Cutt Mill.
- The mill pond has shallow and deep water, along with fresh water nearer the weirs
- Handy location if you happen to be working at HSM
- A couple of swans were patrolling as was the occasional fisherperson
Date of Last Swim
- Date of first swim: September 2021
- Date of last swim: July 2022
River Stour (nr Sturminster Newton)
(A FOUR TRUNK location)
Half way between Sturminster Newton and Fiddleford Mill, Dorset. Parking is easy as theres a car park for visitors to the Mill (and river swimmers).
Well, when I went in there was an awful lot of water, but it looked like it would be a good spot in the summer with plenty of grass.
Was quite full, infact it looked bl**dy dangerous near the Mill. Quite a few fishermen about and the cows had been busy. I have to admit it was a bit colder than I was expecting.
Date of Last Swim
30th November 2003
River Frome, Moreton
- The river passes to the east of the village of Moreton (c. 3km NW of Wool). There is a good path/track which takes you from the village across some fords/foot bridges over the river but where the water is pretty shallow. If you go upstream or downstream there are a few pools where you can swim.
- Easy access, shallow water so good for kids, rope swing and a tea shop in the village…….
- A lot of walking in shallow water to find the deeper pools. Not good for a proper swim.
- 10th June 2018