- Park near the sign to the “beach” near Achateny, walk north along the west bank of the river and pick a spot. There are a few shallow pools below shallow waterfall and a couple of deeper pools near the sea (tide permitting)
- You can swim in freshwater within sight of the sea which is pretty special. Plenty of grass for sunbathing/picnics (sheep poo and midges permitting)
- None really. Except for sheep poo and midges!
- 3rd July 2017 (ish)
Lochan Druim na Claise
- “The most westerly lock on the British mainland (PROBABLY)”. Park near the lighthouse at the Point of Ardnamurchan, walk south, find loch, swim and return.
- “The most westerly lock on the British mainland (PROBABLY)”. What more do you need
- “The most westerly lock on the British mainland (PROBABLY)”. So don’t expect it to be sunny all the time!
- 1st July 2017 (ish)