What Are These Pages About Digger?
Durdle Door aka “The Door”
“Swim the Door” aka STD.
What else could it all be about?!!
This is the “official” website for Swim The Door.
If you want to view/be-friend/add comments/add photos then why not go to the Facebook page http://facebook.com/swimthedoor?
What is Durdle Door?
“Sea arches are formed by the effects of wave action. It is a little known fact that in storms the pressure against a sheer cliff face may be in the region of 30 tons per sq metre. The water initially attacks weakness in the rock which can form caves. If you get two caves on opposite sides of a headland that eventually run into one another, the result will be an arch like Durdle Door.”
(inf. “I Spy Book of the Seashore”)
Swimming the Door?!
In 2005 Digger was to reach a “significant” age so (for no good reason) he thought it would be nice to get 40 people to Swim the Door* (STD) during his birthday week. Following the huge success of the event (STD05), Swim the Door has been repeated every year since.
Use the drop down Swim the Door menu above to see pages celebrating those swims.
To “Swim the Door” has now been added to Fowlers Modern English Usage and Rogets Thesaurus and this website will explain why.
Pages in this section:
- Swim the Door 20(23)
- Swim the Door (20)22
- Swim the Door (20)21
- Swim the Door (20)20
- Swim the Door (20)19
- Swim the Door (20)18
- Swim the Door 16
- Swim the Door (20)17
- Swim the Door 15
- Swim the Door 14
- Swim the Door 13
- Swim the Door 12
- Swim the Door 11
- Swim the Door 10
- Swim the Door 09
- Swim the Door 08
- Swim the Door 07
- Swim the Door 06
- Swim the Door 05
- Swim the Door in PREHISTORY (as in, swims before 2005)
Blog Posts in 'Swim the Door' category
- Swim the Door 2023 “details” - May 13th, 2023
- Photos finally uploaded from Swim the Door 22 - Jul 11th, 2022
- Only a few days till Swim the Door 22 - Jun 7th, 2022
- Clarification of Swim the Door veteran “status” - Aug 1st, 2021
- Swim the Door 2021 - Jun 20th, 2021
- Swim the Bridge 2021 - Jun 6th, 2021
- Swim the Door 2020 (vr) - Apr 25th, 2020
- Swim the Door 2019 photos finally uploaded - Jul 5th, 2019
- Swim the Door DATES - Jan 22nd, 2019
- Swim The Door- counting down the days - Jun 4th, 2017
- Swim the Door - Feb 11th, 2017
- Swim the Door 2016: photos uploaded - Jun 18th, 2016
- Swim the Door reconnaissance trip (14/06/16) - May 22nd, 2016
- Back from The Door - Jun 9th, 2015
- Gone to the Door - Jun 4th, 2015
- Swim the Door 15 details finalised - May 25th, 2015
- Swim the Door 2015 - Apr 21st, 2015
- We survived STD13 - Jun 10th, 2013
- Weather - Jun 3rd, 2013
- Extra dates announced - May 27th, 2013
- Dates for Swim the Door 2013 announced - Feb 10th, 2013
- “Its nearly time for STD!!” - Jun 6th, 2012
- Dates fixed for Swim the Door 2012 - Feb 12th, 2012
- STD11 awards - Jun 25th, 2011
- “We survived” - Jun 14th, 2011
- See you at The Door - Jun 8th, 2011
- Four days and counting - Jun 5th, 2011
- Only 7 days to Swim the Door 2011 - Jun 2nd, 2011
- Swim the Door Reconnaissance - May 16th, 2011
- Swim the Door Update - May 11th, 2011
Like all open water swimming, and life in general, there are DANGERS, HAZARDS and RISKS involved in this activity. If you are not an experenced, confident swimmer, not used to cold water and not used to sea water in Britain you would be stupid to try to Swim the Door however warm, flat and inviting it may look.
Every effort has been made in the preparation of this document to provide as accurate information as possible. All statements and opinions are offered in good faith. The author cannot accept any responsibility for errors resulting from data supplied by a third party or the influence of alcohol or even the onset of old age. Therefore the author will not be liable for any loss of life or injury (however hideous) arising from decisions or actions made upon the basis of this document.